Sunday, February 28, 2010

10 Week Update

I haven't updated this blog in over a month and now it's 4:30am on a Saturday night, well... Sunday morning and I can't find anything better to do. Thanks to the wierd pregnancy dreams I've been having I probably won't sleep again today until I take an afternoon nap. I first dreamt that I was watching the Superbowl again and I was so angry when Peyton through that interception that I kicked my leg against our glass coffee table and sliced off more than half of my foot. I know, gross, right? But then I go back to sleep only to dream that we had our first ultrasound appointment and saw my beautiful baby missing half of a foot. So no more sleep for me tonight. I'm good.
When the DTB wakes up, I'll have him take another picture of my belly. 10 weeks already! I feel like a blimp but I'm sure I don't look too much different to anyone else. My tummy is definitely a little rounder... I had to use a rubber band to fasten my jeans today. Though that could be because someone threw my jeans in the dryer on high heat. Or maybe that's just my excuse. Or maybe it's because for the first time in about 6 weeks I actually feel like eating food again. I think I ate more food in the past two days than I've had all month... especially considering that if I did get something down it probably came back up. I had really been missing my appetite though. I greeted it with a smile when it came back yesterday while I was at work. I called James immediately and had him meet me at IHOP when I got off. Country-fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy and bread and buttery corn and.... anyway, it was delicious. And then I finished off an entire Zero's pizza by myself today for lunch. This probably sounds really unhealthy but seriously, I haven't really ate food at all lately so I'm sure the little one inside me appreciated a nice big meal.

My sister Kim gave me advice on stretch marks... she soaked her body in baby oil every other night during almost the entire 9 months of her pregnancy. She heard this from someone else who didn't have stretch marks either. So I'm trying that... and then of course, I'm falling for the cocoa butter myth. I think cocoa butter works for about 2% of women... none of which I actually know. But it's worth a shot. Besides it feels nice to have DTB rub it in my tummy before I go to bed. Anyone else have any great ideas? My post-pregnancy body thanks you in advance.

James and I are thinking about going on a babymoon! I had never heard of this before and I'm sure it was invented by corporate America as a ploy to get us to spend more unnecessary money... but it sounds like fun. It's just a little vacation that pregnant couples take before baby arrives... since it's probably gonna be a long time before we're able to leave again. Any good ideas on a fun destination?

Well, that's all I got for now. I'll try to update a little sooner next time.

Love,
MTB

1 comment:

  1. For no stretch marks, make sure you drink LOTS of water. It's good for the baby and your skin becomes elastic enough so your skin will grow with your expanding insides. I got small stretch marks on my boobs when I was 8 1/2 months along and I am using restorative skin lotion there and it's going away slowly.

    Go on a babymoon! We didn't and we regretted it. Come to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete