Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's A Girl!

So Excited! I get to give my parents their first granddaughter and my sisters their first niece. Daddy-to-be is excited, but nervous. He'll have to wait a little while longer for Achilles. We've decided on the name Amelia Lou. It's not set in stone yet but we already call her that everyday. I had such a good feeling that she was a girl since I found out that I was pregnant... I feel like I just knew it. When I was younger I always wanted my oldest child to be a boy... something about having an older big brother was fascinating I think. I never had any brothers at all so I always looked forward to having a boy. But since all my sisters had boys, I was really wanting to add the first little girl to the family. I was so excited when the ultrasound tech told us that I started crying... the only time I've cried during either ultrasound. I told James the night before that I thought I had made a mistake by getting my hopes up for a girl. It's not even that I had gotten my hopes up... I had spent 16 weeks dreaming of my little girl and picturing her in my head that she became a real person to me long before I knew she was a girl. If I found out I was having a boy, I'm sure I would have been excited but I would have felt like someone took away my little girl that I had already gotten to know... so glad we found that she's a girl!
Here are a few pictures from the big ultrasound!

The tech switched on the 3d pictures for us since there wasn't a wait and she had some extra time... it was so much fun. Again, we were told that we have a large baby... they checked the due date but said I was still on schedule. Due Date is still September 25th! I guess Baby Reilly just has Daddy's big head. Hopefully she is blessed with his big brain too!





These pics look a little scary... little alien baby! But I love this one because she's making a little pouty face... so cute! Another cute 3d picture of Baby Reilly looking down. We had trouble getting her to sit still for a picture. She was practically doing cartwheels all morning. I drank a lot of juice in the morning thinking the sugar would help wake her up so she'd move... apparently it was too much! I think she's probably just hyperactive like her Daddy too!
Here's my favorite picture. She's crossing her legs... such a lady already! I couldn't believe that we could actually count all ten of her toes and fingers. Looking at this picture seems so unbelievable... it's wierd to imagine that those tiny little legs are kicking around in my body. So adorable!
Here's the last picture... its a 2d picture but she is lying sideways and you can see her face (looks like skeletor baby!) She is opening her mouth and her hand is raised like she's saying "Hi Everybody!" So cute....





I feel her moving around everyday. We can't feel her kick from the outside yet but should be able to feel it anytime. Last night I felt the strongest kick or movement so I know it's going to be coming soon. My belly is growing bigger every second I think. She grew from 6.5 inches long to 10.5 inches long in one week... so it makes sense that my baby bump is really going to showing soon.
We started the baby registry yesterday too. We had so much fun! We decided on a "ladybug lullabye" nursery. The colors are green/pink/white. Most of the nursery decor can be found on the Babies R Us registry and all the necessities (diapers, lotions, medicine, wipes, etc...) are on the Wal-Mart and Target registry. We liked the idea of registering at Walmart because they have the free "ship to store" option. So my family and friends not living in Virginia can still buy cute baby gifts from Walmart and just have us pick it up here in Virginia Beach. Here is a picture of the nursery decor... not our actual nursery but will hopefully look very similar... but maybe a white crib instead? We're not sure yet... what do you think?
We also painted our ugly yellow dresser for the nursery. For those of you who might remember it... this use to be that ugly yellow dresser that I've had the entire time I've lived in Virginia. Mom, you bought this for me at a thrift store when I first moved here and had no furniture. Here's a picture of it now:
Wish we had a before picture so the rest of you could see how ugly it was before we painted it.
Well, I have a busy day today... gotta get packed to go to Indiana. I'll be flying roundtrip so pray that I don't get too sick on the flights! I'll be away from James for 8 days which is probably the longest time we've been apart since we've been together.
XOXO,
Mommy-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment